U.K Festive Traditions …….Did you know?
• As well as a decorated Christmas tree in houses, people often hang a sprig mistletoe in their homes and couples traditionally have a kiss underneath it
• Turkey, Goose, Xmas Pudding and Mince Pies are foods that are typically eaten on Christmas Day.
• It is customary to watch the Queen make a speech on TV at 3.00pm on Christmas Day.
• December 26th is also a National Holiday – it is called Boxing Day
• Wreaths made of holly and ivy are hung on the front doors of houses
• In Scotland New Year ‘s Eve [31st December] is called Hogmanay.
• At midnight on New Year’s Eve people sing a traditional song called Auld Lang Syne
– School Closed Monday 18th December – Tuesday 2nd January
– New Timetable 2017 – See website for details
– FREE PRONUNCIATION CLASSES – EVERY MONDAY 2 -2.30PM
NEW YEAR SPECIAL OFFER
Refer a Friend and get 2 x FREE Lessons as a thank you for recommending us!
[Don’t forget your friends are welcome to come for a free trial class]